Dragon Route Self Tour
Chubu International Airport Departure /５Days/ ４Nights
Can you imagine? Riding through Japan on a rising dragon shaped road, passing through several of the most fascinating places in all Japan.
The world heritage Shirakawa-go and its steep thatched roofs, resembling the hands of a Buddhist monk in pray.
The gorgeous Noto Peninsula, stage of the legendary Genpei War, with its gorgeous coastal scenery and the luxurious Wakura Onsen.
And then, the dream road no one can ever imagine: Chirihama! The only one riding beach in all Japan! Going on the motorcycle of your dreams, enjoying the energizing sensation of the bright blue see at less than one foot from your tire. A unique riding experience you will never forget!
|Days||5 days, 4 nights|
|Store||Chubu International Airport|
|Meal||4 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners|
|Total Distance||936 km|
|Riding Season||Spring to Autumn|
Nagoya → Gifu
- After the first briefing and some kilometers on the road, we will visit the Nagoya Castle、built in the beginning of the Edo Period and one of the most popular castles in Japan. We will then move to Atsuta Shrine, ancient structure enshrining the Sun Goddess Amaterasu and store of the the sacred sword Kusanagi, one of the three imperial treasures. At lunch we will have a local delicacy for lunch: Hitsumabushi, Nagoya specialty made of grilled fresh water eel are served over rice. Then we will go to visit the Gifu Castle, conquered by Oda Nobunaga in 1567 to enjoy a wonderful view of the city.
Gifu → Ishikawa
Today we will ride north to Ishikawa for a beautiful ride into the mountains. First we will stop at Natadera temple. Founded in 717 by a Buddhist monk who visited nearby Mount Hakusan, the large temple grounds feature multiple buildings, a pond garden and a characteristic rock face with handcut meditation caves and steps carved into the cliffside. In the evening we will visit the Japan Automobile Museum. Established in 1978 by Shoso Maeda, popular entrepreneur, with the aim to display his personal collection of cars, including some historically iconic Japan's commercial vehicles, but also ordinary vehicles, embodying the authenticity of the ordinary life Japan in the last years.
Ishikawa → Nanao
- Today we will visit first Kenrokuen, which is justifiably classified as one of Japan's "three most beautiful landscape gardens". Opened to the public in 1871, Kenrokuen features a variety of flowering trees, giving the garden a different look in each season. We will continue to the north to enjoy some extraordinary beach ride on the legendary Chirihama beach, the only beach driveway in Japan. We will then move to the Keta Shrine, Shinto shrine with a history as a holy spot datings back over 2000 years. This shrine enshrines the deity Okuninushi, who is a god of finding true love. We will then end our day into a luxury hot spring resort on the sea.
Nanao → Hida
Today you will start the day riding along the coast of Toyama prefecture until we reach the Himi Banya fish market and we will stroll through it to take a look at the original Japanese fish delicatessen. Then you will ride south to the World Heritage site of Shirakawago, famous for their traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses, some of which are more than 250 years old. The architectural style developed over many generations and is designed to withstand the large amounts of heavy snow that falls in the region during winter. After Shirakawago you will continue riding through the mountain roads to reach Takayama city. Located in Gifu prefecture, notable for the perfect conditions of the Edo period ancient part of the city, which contribute in creating a gorgeous nostalgic atmosphere.
Hida → Nagoya
- Your last day we will ride on the Seseragi road, heading back to Nagoya along the Japanese Alps. We will stop at Seki, famous in the country for being the base city for most of Japan’s cutlery industry. "Never break, never bend, cut well" the reputation of Seki swords has been spread in all over Japan. Today the products are range from kitchen knife to nail clipper, etc., with its tradition and modern technology. Here you can enjoy a katana performance, experience Japan's traditional activities (reservation is required in advance) or have a look around cutler museum as well as factory shop.
You will then heading to Nagoya to return your vehicle, ready for your next Japanese adventure.
Departure period：April 1-December 20, 2020
|Mon / Tue
|Thu / Sun
|Wed /Fri/ Sat
※Please ask us for availability of other options.
Motorcycles available for this tour
Chubu International Airport Store
3-2-8 Rinku-cho, Tokoname City, Aichi
Weekends and Holidays：9:00～18:00
Chubu International Airport
Classified as a first class airport and is the main international gateway for Chubu ("central") region, it is an international airport on an artificial island 35 km south of Nagoya. 10.2 million people used the airport in 2015.
An international airport located on an artificial island in the middle of Osaka Bay off Honshu shore, it is the international gateway for Japan's Kansai region, which contains the major cities of Kyoto, Kobe, and Osaka.
Included in Tour
Vehicle’s rental price (with top case)
Collision damage waiver
4 nights overnight hotel accommodations
- 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Riders guide book
Recommended dining, activities and facilities list
Not Included in Tour
Fuel and toll roads fee
Lunches and dinners (2 dinners are included)
Helmets, gears and other optional accessories
- Pannier case
Regarding the payment
Deposit for reservation is required within 3days after application is confirmed.
Balance payment is required until 30days before the tour starts.
- In case of bookings within 30days before the tour starts, full payment is required at the time of the booking.
- The payment shall be done by credit card.
- There is no security deposit fee.
- In case of cancellation of the booking, our cancel policy will apply.
- Any change on tour contents will comport a handling charge.